You are about to discover the Vosges Mountains, situated in the Regional Natural Park Ballons des Vosges. This natural reserve has a rich flora and fauna and amazing cultural sights. To protect this fragile place, you should take the following advices:
- Pick up your garbage and leave places as you found them.
- Use only the marked paths. Do not take short cuts to avoid erosion.
- Do not pick flowers, their are much better in their natural environment and look more beautiful.
- Close the gates behind you, to avoid that animals might escape.
Prepare your hike
- Choose an itinerary according to your physical fitness and condition.
- Locate the itinerary on a map and inform yourself about the difficulty rating.
- Inform yourself about the weather forecast
- Take warm and waterproof cloths, hiking shoes, sun protection, water and a snack
- Tell somebody about your itinerary and the time you might be back
- Never go on a hike alone.
Along the way:
- Drink regulary
- Stay realstic in view of difficulties (weather and exhaustion) and be able to give up.