Ruins of the Church of Leimbach

  • Ruins of the Church of Leimbach
  • Ruins of the Church of Leimbach
Presentation
Ruins of the Church of Leimbach
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.79459
Longitude : 7.09460

The old church is dedicated to St. Blasius and located outside the village of Leimbach in "Gottesthal" (valley of god). The church is in ruins and is surrounded by a cemetery.
The church from the 12th century, was destroyed for the first time in 1468 and then rebuilt in the 18th century and bombed in 1917. Only the tower and the portal in the Romanesque style remain.
The new parish church was built in the center of the village in 1918. In Feburary the old church ruin is a place of pilgrimage. The Holy Saint Blaise shall remedy sore throat.

Localisation
loading